Friday, December 5, 2008

Scrapbooking

Good Morning everyone! I haven't blogged in awhile so I thought I would blog about one of my favorite pastimes. Although I don't have as much time as I'd like to, I love to scrapbook. When Tim & I were dating, I really started to get into it. I have a few albums of our dating time and proposal. He had a friend hiding in some bushes to capture his proposal because he knew I would want to scrapbook it (I love him!)! When Isaiah came around, however, time just flew away from me and I didn't scrapbook for over 2 years. I did do mini things like make my own cards and invites for things. I love homemade cards/invites. They are so unique and personal and you can make them especially for that particular person/event. My friend Kelly had me do some scrapbooking for her wedding awhile back and after that I started to get the itch. I also subscribe to a blogger who happens to be an old classmate. She is an avid scrapbooker and amazing at it! She is having a Best in Baby Scrapbooking week next week and I am excited to see what she has in store!  
I started scrapbooking again a couple months ago and am having so much fun. I haven't been doing too complicated of layouts but trying to capture the moment of the photo. It's hard to leave supplies out since some little hands will get into it so I have to keep putting it away every night. Someday I hope to have a craft room where I can scrapbook at my leisure and leave it all out! :) Someday.... 
When I get my camera back, I will be sure to post some of my favorite new layouts!

**On a totally different note I wanted to share a cute little story about Isaiah. The other day I was nursing Micah and Isaiah needed to go #2. I told him to go and then to wipe himself and then come and show me in case he needed some extra wiping. Those of you who are moms know what I am talking about. Well, he seemed to be taking awhile and then I started to hear the toilet paper roll being tampered with. I shouted to him to stop playing around (He likes to unwind the WHOLE roll!) and he shouted back that he wasn't. Since I couldn't move (still nursing), I just sighed and thought of the mess I would have to clean up. When he was done, he showed me his backside, which was clean. When I was done with Micah, I went in to the bathroom to what I thought would be a pile of toilet paper. To my surprise, there was no t.p. on the floor and in fact a new roll of toilet paper on the roll. I asked Isaiah if he did that. He told me that the paper ran out so he replaced it because that is what you do. I am so proud!! My 3 year old son has learned to replace the t.p. roll without being shown!!! This gives me hope for all men! Ha! I know it's just a little story but I thought it was so great! Man, I love that kid!

Well, that is about all for now. I have a list piling up of my favorite mommy things that I should be posting shortly. For now, have a wonderful week and enjoy this CHRISTMAS season! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The story of the T.P. roll! Some girls at my house don't know how to do that still!
love you,
esther